12 Amazing Kitchen Gadgets
Whether your an amateur home cook or a professional chef, cooking a full meal is a lot of work. From the planning to the prep work, it takes patience and skill to whip up a tasty dish. While we’re very confident that you’re capable of cooking something with just a sharp knifeand a fry pan, sometimes you can use a little extra help. And when you can’t enlist the help of your roomie, your beau or your kiddies, you can always count on some fancy schmancy cooking gadgets to cut your prep time. Let these 12 kitchen tools be your sous chef. They’ll make your life so much easier — we promise.
1. Devil Oven Pull ($3): One of the most annoying parts about baking is pulling out the tray or dish from the oven. Mitts can be clunky and always wind up in the food, but it’s just too hot to handle without ‘em. That’s where this pull comes in: Just hook the heat-resistant devil’s mouth to your dish or rack while your hands stay nice and safe on the other end of the handle.
3. Carrot Peeler + Sharpener ($16): Yes, there’s such a thing as a carrot sharpener. And yes, it’s perfectly acceptable to play with your food. This fun gadget has a built-in peeler, too, so you can prep Instagram-worthy carrots while making use of those unique sharpenings in stir-frys or smoothies.
4. Open Sesame Bagel Slicer ($15): Become a magician with this quirky tool that holds your bagel while you slice it down the center. It’s a heck of a lot safer than the alternative, plus you get to pretend that you’re chopping your lovely assistant in half. (It’s magic, of course).
5. Ice Cream Slider Makers ($5): We found something that you never thought you needed: An ice cream sandwich maker! Simply place your favorite cookie in the bottom, followed by a scoop of creamy goodness and top with another cookie. Perfect sammies every time, without the mess.
6. Zipstrip Herb Stripper ($8): Stripping fresh herbs has never been easier. This awesome tool is perfect for those that use a lot of rosemary, thyme and tarragon in their cooking.
8. One Stop Shop Cutting Board ($40): We’re obsessed with organizing, and this compartmentalized chopping board is no exception. It lets you organize your veggies as you chop them! Buh-bye, extra dishes.
9. Hot Dog Slicers ($5): Chopping your kids’ hot dog has never been so adorable. This dachshund cuts your frankfurter into bite-sized bits without the blades and comes complete with a mini bowl for dipping sauces.
12. Banana Slicer ($10): We know, bananas are the easiest (and softest) fruit to slice. But if you want to save yourself two seconds and have an adorable looking tool in your kitchen gadget drawer, this one’s for you.